Friday, October 29, 2010

Digital Story 3

This week we didn't have class and therefore didn't learn anything new. However, this week my field partner and I were finally able to meet with our field teacher. Her name is Nancy Bishop and she teaches at Edgemont Elementary School in Provo. She seems like a great lady, and full of energy and good spirits. When we met with her she told us that she loves her class and the students are great! Whenever a teacher can tell you that her students are great, it's a good sign. We talked to her about teaching a few Social Studies lessons, and her response was that they don't do social studies very often. However, she said she would absolutely try and make time for us to teach the amount of lessons we needed too. I think this teaching opportunity will be great practice for me and my field partner, and it'll be a really neat experience for the students. Not very many elementary schools (or at least from what I've heard) integrate social studies into their daily lessons, therefore making it so students don't know as much as they should about their country, other countries, and so forth. While teaching these 5 social studies lessons, we are supposed to integrate 2 art activities and 1 computer activity, along with our digital story. We've got quite a few ideas already, but are going to observe the class for a couple days before making any big plans. I think this teaching will be great and will be a huge learning experience, and I'm anxious to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment