Monday, November 8, 2010

Field Experience Week 1

These past 4 days have been great. I feel like I learn SO much more being in field than I do when I'm in class (no offense to any teachers). I just feel that I learn by doing, not by listening to teachers lecture or show power points.
My field teacher is Mrs. Bishop and she teaches 5th grade at Edgemont Elementary in Provo School District. She's a fabulous teacher and really has a passion for teaching and for her students. Her students respect her and like to be in her class.
At Edgemont there is a lot of technology available. Mrs. Bishop has a SmartBoard, access to a mobile computer lab, printing/copying available, etc. However, even though there is a SmartBoard in the classroom, the teacher does not use it. She says she's not very good with technology but it is her goal to learn how to use it because she knows it'll be very convenient for teaching subjects such as math. Mrs. Bishop's class does use computers on a weekly basis, sometimes a couple or a few times a week. There is an actual computer lab, and a mobile lab that teachers can check out. These are great resources and my field partner and myself hope to take advantage of being able to have computers brought to the classroom.
I look forward to implementing technology into the classroom and teaching my teacher more about technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment