Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Digital Story 2

What: This week in class we learned about copygright.  We learned how to give credit to a source if we use their information, and we also learned why it's wrong to plagiarize.  
So What: What this means to me as a teacher and student is that I cannot take somebody elses work and get credit for it.  However, I am allowed to use other people's lesson plans (in the classroom) as long I cite the source.  This is really good to know because in our world we have SO many resources and there's an answer to almost ANY question.  The time to be original is long past, but we can use somebody elses idea and jazz it up.  Honestly I probably need to do a better job at giving people credit for their work, and citing their source when I use it in class or outside of class.
Now What: What this means to my future students is that I have to teach them not to plagiarize.  I have to be the one to teach them how to cite internet sources, and book sources (if they still have books by the time I teach).  When the time comes that I become a teacher so many things will be ran by technology, maybe even every lesson plan.  Teachers are doing more and more with technology and that just means there will be more opportunity to teach students how to cite and give credit for others' work.  Getting in the habit of citing resources is a great thing, especially if I decide to do more schooling, because more schooling means more research!

No comments:

Post a Comment