Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Digital Story 1

What: This past week in class we learned about digital stories. Our assignment is to create our own digital story with our field partner. This digital story we create will then be used in the classroom where we will be observing (field experience).
So What: I think a digital story is an awesome thing. It's a teachers chance to tell a story to her students using emotion. Watching a digital story will help students understand a subject so much more than just reading from a textbook. Digital stories can also help me a lot in the classes I'm in now. Once I've got the basics down (once I know how to do everything), a digital story could be very useful for me because I could use it to summarize each class, or each unit (for a test, etc...). This technology means to me that I can make class more exciting and display the information more interesting.
Now What: Digital stories can be useful for students in many ways, and some are listed above, but there are a couple others as well. One way is students can make their own digital story if their teacher teaches them how to use the program. This way students are learning the information, but are having fun at the same time. Students can also have a way of showing what they have learned to their parents. I'm really glad I learned how to make a digital story because before learning how many programs I could make a digital story on, I only thought PowerPoint could do things like movie-making. Digital story can help me become a better employee/teacher because having the knowledge of how to make a digital story is something not all teachers have. It's also a great way of showing progress to your employer/principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment