Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strengths & Weaknesses

When taking the UNI surveys and looking over the NET standards, I came to the conclusion that I am not very technologically advance.  However, this is not something I didn't know before taking this course.  I have never felt the need to be technologically advanced and if I have questions about computer/technology things, I usually just ask my husband since he's an Information Systems major.  However, being in field for 3 weeks helped me see just how useful technology can be in a classroom.
The first reason that I think technology is useful in the classroom is because students find technology fascinating and intriguing.  They are more likely to listen if the lesson is using the Smart Board, rather than a plain old whiteboard.  The second reason technology is useful is that it can make grading, making homework, etc much simpler.  It takes a little time to learn how to use programs, but once you have done that, then certain things are much easier.  The last reason technology is useful is because technology is only going to get bigger and better.  If we don't learn technology and don't teach it to our future students, us and our students will be at a lost when the entire world is levels beyond what we are in technology.
To improve my technological knowledge I am going to do 2 things: have my husband give me a tutorial about everything I have questions about and find an online tutorial that will give me a basic understanding of different technological resources found in a classroom.  These 2 things will hopefully give me a broad range of information regarding technology.  

No comments:

Post a Comment