Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Google Part Two

What: In Thursdays class we learned about google sites and how to create a google site for our classroom.  Our assignment is to create a google site for either a make believe classroom or for a classroom we hope to have one day.
So What: Learning about google sites was something that I truly enjoyed.  I think it's a fabulous idea to have a website where students and parents can go to find information about the students classroom.  One way this google site can apply to me in my classes now is I could create a google site for every single one of my classes and keep track of events occurring or homework and projects that are due.  What this technology means to me is an easier way to communicate with people.  No longer do parents have to wonder about what is going on in the classroom and what events will be taking place and when.  Colleagues can check my google site constantly and read about what's being taught in the class and what activities are taking place.  
Now What: Future students of mine will be able to check what the homework is everyday.  They will not be able to tell their parents that they don't know the assignments or that they don't have any assignments.  Parents will be able to look up each day of the week and be able to tell what is due and which day.  Also, if parents know their child will be gone a certain day or if their child is sick then they can look at the calendar and know what they will or are missing.  This will help me become a better teacher because I will have a greater understanding about technology and how it is helpful in the classroom.  I'm excited for the future when I actually get to implement a google site into my class, and am excited to learn more about google sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment